Keekli Book Club powered by the Language Art and Culture Department, HP is happy to announce the next writing extravaganza for citizens of the State above forty years of age. An eminent Jury Panel — Dr Rekha Vashisht; Dr Purnima Chauhan; Prof Meenakshi F Paul & Dr Vidyanidhi Chhabra — will select best 40 Stories, which will be published as an anthology.
Submission Period – 1 to 30 June, 2022
Entry Fee 200/-;
Payment through Paytm/GPay (8091021796)
UPI code: [email protected]
Bank Transfer: Keekli An Ode To Innocence
Bank Name: IDFC First Bank
IFSC Code: IDFB0021731
Branch: Craigs Court, Mall Road, Shimla
What are we looking for?
- Give us short stories (2000 to 4000 words in Hindi or English) on real-life experiences based in the state of Himachal. These may be traditional lores passed on by your grandparents or family stories that highlight the culture/tradition of the state.
- We are waiting to read stories that blow us away and showcase a unique side of Himachal. At the same time, we want stories that bring us closer to our roots.
- We are not looking for common folktales or oft-repeated yarns. A re-telling with a unique perspective is most welcome.
Criteria for Participation
- You must be a citizen of Himachal Pradesh who has lived in the State for 15 years or more.
- A citizen of another state who has lived in Himachal for at least 25 years.
- If required proof of residence will be needed to verify.
- Participants must be forty years or above as on 1.1.2022.
- Email us the Word File — [email protected]; for English use Times New Roman font, size 12; for Hindi use Kruti Dev 10 or Mangal font, size 16.
Submission Format In Word
Date of Birth:
Number of Words:
What do you stand to gain if you win?
- A chance to be published in a distinctive anthology of stories about the culture and tradition of Himachal at the end of the year.
- An opportunity to be read by the leading authors of the state & country.
- Keekli reserves the right to Edit the stories for publication.
So, what are you waiting for? Send us your best composition before or by 30th June. We are waiting to be surprised by your endearing and original stories about life in the hill state of Himachal Pradesh.