JuniorSkills, a first of its kind skill championship by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), in partnership with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), is an incredible opportunity for students from standard VI to XII to explore and exhibit their passion for a particular skill and receive the appropriate technical and vocational education training (TVET) to harness this passion.
The championship aims at giving students practical insight into established and emergent skill categories, and access to industry experts who will guide them throughout JuniorSkills. The process and interactions with experts are also designed to help students make informed career choices.
JuniorSkills 2021 is a platform that emphasises practical learning and encourages students to showcase their talent and gives them the opportunity to be groomed by industry experts in order to be recognised and rewarded for their abilities on a national scale.
JuniorSkills 2021 has been envisioned in accordance with the National Education Policy 2020, wherein the emphasis has been laid on the integration of vocational courses into the school curricula. Keeping in mind the spread of the novel Coronavirus, the successive rounds of the championship will be organised online, while the final round will be conducted on ground. For more details — www.worldskillsindia.co.in/juniorskills2021/
WHY PARTICIPATE IN THE JUNIORSKILLS?
- Learn skills in a completely new way
- Benchmark your skills to international standards
- Learn from leading experts and professionals across India
- Take a step towards creating a future-ready skilled workforce
- Make informed career choices for a brighter future
- Get an opportunity to compete in the prestigious IndiaSkills competition!
- Top 21 students get an opportunity to travel to the WorldSkills International competition – the Olympic equivalent for skills competitions!
- Get certificates and cash prizes and much more!