Finally, with the end of yesterday’s session, we come to the end of Phase Two of the Competition. Your journey is yet not over. The Third Phase begins NOW!
As young writers you will now learn, what goes into makings of a Book. There is a Writer and an Editor camaraderie. And now we step in.
During this last month, you all learnt quite a few things about writing, creating cliff hanger stories, building a plot, creating real-life characters. Now you go back to your own stories with our feedback/reviews. We help you to further improve upon your stories and make them publish worthy. The target is that when a person picks up a book, they are intrigued to continue reading till the end. Each story will have its own persona. These 51 stories will define you as young writers. They will encourage and inspire you to continue on this journey and write to your heart’s content.
First, the surprise as shared yesterday was, if you are good Artists, you may now supplement your stories with ORIGINAL ARTWORK. It has to be a line sketch or a drawing (only Black & White). One Drawing Per Story. Neatly Scan them or click photos in natural light. Re-name these as your own Name & Story Title and then Email them to us.
Second, share your most recent PassPort size photo, these can be in any natural surrounding. Again Black & White.
Third, you all need to best describe yourselves in no less then 50 words. This information will go with your stories.
(Drawing/Sketches; Photo; Description — send these by 15th August)
Fourth, since you all are part of this amazing Journey, you get to choose a Title of this Anthology of Short Stories, as following Keekli’s motto… we truly believe in “By the Children; For the Children”. The best shared Title will be selected, otherwise we will come up with something.
Lastly, we need to make a schedule to contact you individually to work one-on-one with you on your stories. If you have upcoming exams share the dates, accordingly we will reach out. We need about a week to max 10 days to work with you. It will be a quick turnaround. Details will be explained when we call you. Call will be made between 4 pm and 5 pm, from 26th July onwards.
Feel free to ask questions if you have.
The Second Phase of our Competition Begins —
Aren’t we all excited about having made it to the list of finalists. Heartiest congratulations to each one of you! Well, if we may put it thus, the actual work begins NOW. While we were surely bowled over by your stories, we believe there’s always room for improvement. Learning mustn’t stop at any level, isn’t it?
As promised, we are coming up with ZOOM Sessions for all the winners in which our judges and mentors will be talking to you about the process of creative writing and sharing some wonderful pearls of wisdom. The illustrious line up for four sessions is as follows:
1. 4 July (11 AM to 12 Noon) – In conversation with Ms Minakshi Chaudhary, author of over dozen books and famous journalist, known for the popular ‘Ghost Stories from Shimla Hills’.
2. 11 July (5 PM to 6 PM) – In conversation with Dr Purnima Chauhan (IAS) Retd. Former Director HP Institute of Public Administration and head of many prominent Departments including Youth amd Cultural Affairs.
3. 17 July (5 PM to 6 PM) – In conversation with Ms Neelam Bhatt, writer, poetess, editor, translator and recipient of Navodit Lekhak Puraskar Pratiyogita.
4. 18 July (4 PM to 5 PM) – In conversation with Ms Priyanka Joshi, mental health blogger, published author, poetess, a SHEROES champion, Amazon approved Influencer and founder of Sanity Daily.
All children are requested to keep the following in mind while attending the sessions:
1. Join using the Zoom link which will be shared with you a day prior to the meeting.
2. The Zoom link will open ten minutes before the scheduled time and remain open not later than ten minutes into the meeting. You are requested to be on time.
3. A thirty to forty minute talk will be followed by Q/A session. You may keep your questions ready for the mentors and clear all doubts. We expect you to maintain online decorum, keep your mics off and only unmute yourself once you’ve been asked to speak. Kindly turn on your cameras while asking questions to the mentors.
4. The sessions will help you to rewrite / rework on your story. A detailed feedback will be given to each child before resubmission in the first week of August.
5. We are providing an opportunity to you all to learn from experienced and established writers. We hope you will use this platform to hone your writing skills.
We also hope you will enjoy and benefit from these zoom sessions.
Stories have the power to transport us to a new world or a different time. The concept behind this National Level Online Story Writing Competition during Covid pandemic was to provide our young writer’s a stepping stone to be published writers as well as promote creativity, while giving them an open forum to showcase their talent.
We are pleased to share the Participation Certificates. You are requested to download the PDF Files by clicking the link. Search for your name and accordingly you may save or print the Certificates at home. The link shared will download the PDF file, since these files are heavy we cannot send them through emails, hence the process. In case any names have been skipped, kindly contact us.
We wish you all the very best and hope you keep following us for the latest news and future events.
Mrs Pramila Nanda; Neelam Bhatt; Priyanka Joshi; Prachi Gunthey aka (PraGun)
Click above link to read details & Judging Criteria
Toni Morrison said, “If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.”
KEEKLI’s Story Writing Competition is stepping stone to help our young writers studying in Schools / Colleges / Universities get published. In association with critically acclaimed writers Sh Sudarshan Vashishtha and Ms Minakshi Chaudhary; Dr Purnima Chauhan, (IAS); noted writers Ms Priyanka Joshi and Ms Prachi, we intend to publish an Anthology of the Best Selected Short Stories.